Student Loans

Preparing for College starts long before your student leaves home. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) should be submitted as early in January as possible even though your student won’t be leaving until fall. Grants and scholarships are awarded early in the year so you want to be prepared early. The FAFSA is processed and your student will receive a copy of the SAR (Student Aid Report) along with the college(s) listed on the FAFSA. Schools use the data from the SAR to determine your student’s financial aid award which they will forward to your student. At that time you will make arrangements through the school's financial aid office to secure student aid for the upcoming year.

With the recently enacted Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 (H.R. 4872), the Federal Family Educational Loan (FFEL) Program has been eliminated, and beginning July 1, 2010, all new federal student loans will be issued via the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program through the U.S. Government. Private lenders, such as credit unions, will no longer have a role in originating or funding Federal Stafford, PLUS or Consolidation loans with disbursement dates on or after July 1, 2010.

We will continue to service existing loans through our partner Great Lakes. If you have any questions about an existing student or PLUS loan that you have with us please give us a call, or contact Great Lakes at or 1-800-236-4300.

Go to to fill out the FAFSA application with student and parent info.

Facebook1601 N Lorraine · Hutchinson, KS 67501 · ABA Routing Number 301178301
Phone · 620-662-0731 Fax · 620-662-0769 Toll Free · 800-207-2062
© 2017, All rights reserved. Powered by SmartSource Solutions, LLC